Information and Referral
Knowing how and where to get information can make all the difference. Rolling Start maintains an up-to-date resource list to assist you with all of your disability needs.
Independent Living Skills
Developing or improving the skills needed to live independently at home or in the community is the focus of these services and programs.
- Money Management
- Living Well With A Disability
- Personal Care Attendant Management
- Assertiveness Training
- Adult Education
- Computer Skills
- Coed Support Group
- Youth Support Group
- Spanish Support Group
- LGBTQ Support Group
- Game Day
- Movie Day
- Listings of accessible affordable housing
- Housing Referrals
- Assistance in completing HUD forms
- Nursing Home Transition Assistance
- Your independent living specialist will assist you in filling out and submitting a HEAP application to Community Action Partnership.
- Your independent living specialist can assist in applying , reapplying, and appealing for SSI, SSDI, IHSS, C4 Yourselfs and any other applicable services.
- Educational training in any adaptive services (i.e. Purple, Dragon, Computer’s .)
- Device Lending Library ( IPads, Adaptive Cognitive Toys, Readers, etc. )
- Consumer Equipment Reuse Program ( Walkers, Wheelchair, Ramps, Rollators, etc. )
-Please call if you do not see the service needed, if we do not have it we will try our hardest to get it or point you in the right direction.-
Rolling Start is a California LEAD ORGANIZATION who works directly with willing and eligible individuals with disabilities, support networks and providers to facilitate and monitor their transition from facilities to community settings.
Eligible individuals of all ages with physical and mental disabilities have an opportunity to participate.
This program is monitored by The California Dept. of Health Care Services.