CalFresh Enrollment Specialist
Reports To: Program Manager
The CalFresh Enrollment Specialist will lead the Rolling Start’s efforts to enroll SSI/SSP consumers formerly ineligible for CalFresh into the program (AKA Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program). This position will work with the Executive Director to conduct CalFresh outreach and enrollment activities while promoting a culture of healthy eating and motivating participants to take action and enroll. The CalFresh Enrollment Specialist will travel throughout the San Bernardino, Mono and/or Inyo Counties to identify and enroll eligible consumers.
These responsibilities also include creating and maintaining a strong partnership between food banks and other community organizations and agencies with a focus on people with disabilities and older adults in order to provide exceptional outreach and assistance to SSI/SSP consumers.
The CalFresh Enrollment Specialist will maintain an up‐to‐date knowledge and understanding of the program and tracking requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Become fully knowledgeable in CalFresh related to Rolling Start’s contract requirements and policies set by the California Department of Social Services;
- Provide detailed explanations, both written and verbal, of benefits to people who may be eligible for CalFresh and staff at our partner agencies. This includes outreach to SSI/SSP recipients. Outreach methods will include, but are not limited to calling RSI consumers, working on strategic campaigns with relevant organizations, table events, public speaking, prescreening for program eligibility and scheduling application assistance appointments;
- Provide CalFresh application assistance; At these appointments, refer to an ILS if consumer can benefit from other RSI programs and services;
- Follow‐up and communicate with potential applicants, volunteers, and partner agencies;
- Ensure the Cal fresh tracking tool is updated with every consumer application;
- Work with other RSI staff on advocacy efforts to improve CalFresh;
- Identify barriers that prevent applicants of from fully utilizing the program benefits. Participate in on‐going learning and training related to the CalFresh program and share these changes with the rest of the staff.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Two (2) years of college in Human Services or knowledge of CalFresh and other government programs;
- Experience in public speaking and customer service;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Independent Living philosophy, disability issues and culture;
- Working knowledge of SSI, SSP and other social security benefits;
- Experience working with community based/nonprofit organizations helpful;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, work with diverse groups of individuals, and meet deadlines;
- Must have dependable transportation for travel throughout the service area;
- Ability to set own priorities and work independently;
- Professional written and oral communication skills. Knowledge of social media helpful;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs;
- Fluent in English; Spanish and/or Sign Language a plus;
- Customer Service—demonstrates the ability to respond with a high degree of urgency to the needs and request of others, internally and externally. Understand the impact of your work and attitudes on others. Have empathy and be able to work with diverse groups of people;
- Maintain constructive relationships and demonstrate respect for everyone contacted;
- Accurately provide and receive information in oral and written communications;
- Provide ideas, opinions, or information in an articulate, professional way;
- Willingness and ability to adjust to changing conditions and priorities;
- Contribute to a positive, action‐oriented work environment.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Ability to work on a computer for long periods of time;
- Ability to lift and carry materials weighing up to 20 lbs.;
- Ability to attend occasional weekend or evening meeting and events;
- Some travel between Inyo/Mono County may be required.
Licensing and Certification Requirements
- A valid driver’s license issued by the State of California Department of Motor Vehicles is required.
- Proof of auto Insurance is required.
To apply, email your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading CalFresh Enrollment Specialist.